Blogging is just a must have for every internet marketer out there. You cannot rely just on the old techniques. You must wake up to the BUM of web 2.0 marketing. If know nothing about make money with your blog, then these 8 steps are for you to start as a begginer.
1. Drive traffic to your blog. The first step to create money from your blog is to drive traffic to it. Thus, you must learn how to optimize your blog so search engines will index it. You can also use other traffic generating tools such as article marketing, forum posting, etc.
2. Optimize your blog name. Blog names, like any other domain names, must have these characteristics in order to drive traffic to your blog: Must contain relevant keywords, contains a maximum of 30 characters, easy to spell, easy to remember, and it must communicate what the whole blog is all about.
3. Advertise on your blog. This is the easiest way to convert your traffic to instant money. You can opt to use Google adsense and every time your visitors click these ads, you will earn instant cash.
4. Link building. Exchange links with other websites or blogs that share your blog topic. Remember, search engine will rank your blog based on the quantity and quality of links pointing to it.
5. Join paid blogging networks. You can also make money by writing your reviews and opinions on various products and services offered online.
6. Update your blog regularly. Give your readers something to look forward to every time they visit your blog. Post new articles, images, video or audio at least twice a week so you will not lose your readers interest.
7. Avoid grammar and spelling errors. Check your content to make sure that they are free from any error. Online users can get easily annoyed with grammar and spelling errors and take these as carelessness on your part.
8. Be different. Make sure that your blog standout. Offer unique content and unique blog design that showcase your personality.
With these 8 steps your surelly can have some ideas on how to make money with your blog. This article is just a guide, but a very powerful one if you know how to use it.